11.23.2007

165. Update

The things that have been occupying my mind as of late, are mainly my vacations and trips for the upcoming year. I’ve got a three-week vacation planned for mid-March in April. I’ll be traveling with my family and visiting friends. So far the itinerary includes Japan, Hong Kong, China, and Singapore, although I’m still considering Taiwan too, as I do have a friend there. It’s funny that I didn’t see all of these countries when I actually LIVED in Asia for two years, but I guess I was too busy exploring Japan at the time to really go around beyond that.

I’m also thinking of all the weddings in 2008 that I plan to attend. Four weddings in 14 weeks… with three in Vancouver and one in Jamaica (I think). Pretty crazy flying schedule if I attempt to do all four. It’s over a half-year away though, so you never know what will happen… what if I move back to Vancouver? Or Jamaica, for that matter?!

Other than that… life is pretty mundane here. Just working and hanging out with friends. In my spare time, I’ve been going to Asian movie festivals (the Japanese Short Film Festival was one and the Reel Asian film festival was the other) and playing Nintendo DS (current favourites are Tetris DS and Brain Age 2). I also got my personal highest score ever in the online video game Desktop Defense, which I posted just yesterday.

Oh and my favourite accomplishment of the last few weeks—I finally finished watching the first season of Heroes!! Yeah! I am amazed just by the sheer heroic effort it took to get through all 23 hours. Even last night, when we hit “play” on Episode 22 (the second last), we realized that there was a glitch on the DVD so that the audio was incorrectly matched with the video. No, not delayed by a few seconds… but completely mismatched! We were listening to voices different than the characters we saw on-screen. See that’s what you get when you buy pirated DVDs from the Chinese malls…

Anyway, we finally managed to download a version from the Internet, and watched it on the computer. And then wrapped up the night with the very final episode of my favourite show ever. Now, next step is to start season two!

No comments: