1.25.2008

171. MaGo.on.the.go

So someone dropped off a stack of flyers at our office yesterday advertising the grand opening of Mago pizza, just down the street from my office. I was looking at this flyer with a coworker, and commenting on how reasonable the prices were and how delicious the pizza looked (it being the end of the day, though, we were pretty hungry!) A couple other coworkers passed by, looked at the flyers too, and lamented about how long it's been since we had a company pizza lunch. (We used to have monthly pizza lunches. Well, we had two of them. But that was half a year ago...)

Anyway, I suggested to the small gathered crowd, "why don't we just order for ourselves then? Have pizza for lunch tomorrow?" and everyone thought it was a great idea. Yay me, once again, for coming up with a great idea to build a little company comraderie at my office.

For me, friends in the workplace is not a "must-have", but definitely a bonus. It makes the work environment so much more pleasant. However, I've never really experienced having close friends at the office (i.e. the type that I'd see outside of work). Well, I guess I have--at my old high school part-time job at Dressew, where all the girls still to this day have annual get-togethers.

Having said that, I think I'm pretty good at building team spirit at work. From organizing a charity gift drive to this year's Holiday Lunch, to getting coworkers guessing on the winners of the Newsstand Awards, I do a lot of "good" for this office. But to tragic avail, as after two and a half years of North Island, I'm ready to leave.

No comments: