11.08.2006

If I had 18 million dollars...

So today I bought a lottery ticket--perhaps one of the first in over a decade--because of all the hype about Lotto 6/49 going up to a mind-boggling $36 million. I was with a friend at the time, so the agreement was to buy two tickets and split the winnings. I can live with $18 million... sure it isn't quite $36 million... but to someone like me who doesn't know what being a millionaire is like, 18 is just as good as 36.

So now as I wait for the winning numbers to be called, I'm making plans on how I'm going to spend my day tomorrow.

Firstly, I ought to go to work because, after all, I didn't go to work this morning. But I'd leave after a couple of hours, making sure I order in a catered lunch for them all to enjoy, as well as a brand new staff room with couches and TVs and a pool table for them to enjoy the lunch in. Then I would taxi it out to the airport, hop on the first flight back (first class, of course) to Vancouver, to pick up my sister and mom in a chauffered limo. To the house, I'll have delivered a luxury leather Lazy Boy chair and 75-inch plasma flatscreen TV for my dad, and have a satellite installed for 24-hour streaming of sports and Chinese movies. Meanwhile, my mom and sister and I will go to Spa Utopia for full body massages, facials and manicures. Then we'd fly off to New York, get greeted by the duo from What Not to Wear and go shopping for new fantastic wardrobes and makeovers sans annoying cameras following us around. After a Broadway performance of The Lion King, we'd hop on yet another plane to Thailand, where I'd meet my friends (who I would've flown out in the meantime from their various points from around the world). We'd go lie on the beach and snorkle in the blue water and then get massages in private air-conditioned tents while eating fresh pineapples and hand-peeled grapes. And we'd talk about what we're going to do on Day 2.

No comments: