11.06.2006

POST ONE HUNDRED

Congratulations to ME on reaching such a milestone post! We're celebrating today with a big pot of traditional Chinese soup--the yummy healthy kind with beans and lentils--and sitting like a potato on my couch. It being Monday, I really ought to be in Japanese class right now, but because I'm still recovering from stomach flu from this past weekend, and because of my one hundredth post, I figured I deserve an evening of vegetation.

So I'm just sitting here, beginning what will soon become my daily tradition during the "Dark Funk." This is the time of year also known as Daylight Savings Time, when clocks have been artificially adjusted to capture more daylight during the morning hour. I, of course, prefer having sunlight in the evening, for instance on my way home from work. These days, the sun starts to set before I leave the office and is completely gone by the time I get to my doorstep.

During the months of the Dark Funk, I hibernate. It can be a good thing because I do more home cooking, keep my house neater, and watch more TV. It can also be a bad thing because I'm lazier, more lethargic, and watch more TV.

Oh well... on to my innuagural evening of the Dark Funk and another adrenaline-pumping episode of Prison Break. And maybe another bowl of soup! mmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love prison break!