12.15.2006

9 Minutes of boredom

Unmotivated, concentration broken, I look to the clock and note the time. 2:09pm. That means I have three more hours to get through. My attention goes to my stomach. Does it hurt? Should I feign illness and go home early? My eyes droop. I'm so sleepy. I wish I could just take a little nap...

Today is just one of those 'blah' days. I'm trying to keep busy by checking email and updating websites. I even spent an hour this morning peeling labels off of playdoh cannisters (it's for a playdoh promotion we're doing; entirely legitimate work!) I have a stack of work to start on, but I'm hesistant. Next week is Christmas, after all, and the whole week is going to be a write-off. Why start any new projects now when they're not going to be done for another two weeks??

And so I procrastinate, as many do, and I surf the 'net, and I blog, and I daydream about my visit home next week. Friends... family.... FOOD. I can't wait to have all my favourite dishes at all my favourite places. *sigh*.

Time, 2:18... nine minutes closer to coming home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

time to switch jobs

Tina said...

maybe u can make ur vancouver schedule so i can plan around it:)