7.31.2007

156. Hot Fudge Sundae

The highlight of my day today, by far, occurred just after 1:30pm today, as I got up from my lunch, and decided to take a walk to the corner store. Two seconds after stepping into the equatorial hotness, I thought I wouldn't make it anymore. I was about to turn back inside when I saw it... at first a hazy mirage... but as my eyes adjusted, I realized that it was was really there.... an ICE CREAM TRUCK!!

The driver was about to drive away but stopped when he saw me approach. I walked up and asked for, without hesitation a Hot Fudge Sundae, which he presented to me with an *extra* dollop of ice cream and yummy fresh peanuts--on the house! I was the first customer of the day and he valued my patronage, I suppose.

Anyway, it was the happiest moment of my day and still brings a smile to my lips, even though the ice cream sundae is looong gone now. (Until tomorrow, teehee, cuz he promised he comes back at the same time every day!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd love visiting me then... I live right across the street from Cold Stone Creamery. :)

GoMa.on.the.go said...

At first I thought you had written "Cold Stone Cemetary." And that frightened me.

Anonymous said...

You have some strange imagination there...