8.21.2007

157. All About ME ME ME ME ME...

My friend and loyal sidekick sent me an email today, reminding me that it's my birthday in only FOUR days!! (and to tell me to update my blog, which I haven't done in a while because I have been so busy...er. okay fine.. lazy!)

Anyway, last year, I flew back to Vancouver for my birthday and the year before that I was in San Francisco. This year? I’m going to NEW YORK CITY!

Now I’m not the spoiled brat that I make myself out to be. I think it’s really just mere coincidence that I do fun-travel things at the end of every August, which also happens to be around the time of my birthday. (But it’s fun to tell myself that it’s all part of my EXTENDED birthday party just because I enjoy this time of year so much!)

Anyway, I’m so excited about New York, that I’ve been bouncing off the walls all week. Today during lunch, I went out on my break to buy pocket tissues and wet naps–both important ingredients to making a trip to the dirty States more pleasant. I also bought a new video game for my new Nintendo DS, a toy that my lovely JNTN got for me in advance for my birthday present. We both love playing the DS and the games I’ve got are super addictive. We plan on taking turns driving our rental Chevy Trailblazer and playing Big Brain Academy on the trip down.

Oh yes, we are DRIVING to the United States… which is an oh-so UNelegant way of spending one’s 28th year milestone. The reason I’m driving is not so much due to my birthday wishes but more so to help out a friend move to Brooklyn. In exchange for free lodging and subsidized car rental fee, we are driving her household of things across the border. She’s taking her own car (a little Yaris) and we’re taking the mega-SUV. We’ll be driving separate but we also plan to meet up in time for a slice of New York cheese-birthday-cake when we arrive.

The BEST part of the trip though?? (And the actual trigger for this explosive event) is the fact that MY GIRLS will be down in NYC for the exact same weekend! In fact, Sel, Viv, Dev, and Dr. Man are already unpacking into their exquisite Manhattan hotel and planning their Sex in the City days for the next few. I can’t wait to join them (and celebrate!)

No comments: