2.23.2007

127. New roommate

Last night was a busy one, shuffling furniture from one room to other, cleaning and vacuuming and tidying, as I made space for my new roommate, Stewart. Smart, quirky, and quick, Stewart is my new HP Pavilion Media Centre PC featuring AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core processor 4200+ with 1GB RAM and 320GB HD, plus a 19" widescreen LCD flat-panel monitor and all-in-one printer-scanner-copier. I call him "Stewie" for short.

To make Stewie feel at home, I got him a new desk, something that I shopped around for at Office Depot priced at $199 and ended up buying used off of Craigslist for $60. Quite a deal, until you factor in the combined two hours of driving downtown for pick-up, dismantling it piece by piece, moving it to the car, driving back to my house, moving it all into my apartment, reassembling it piece by piece and then putting it into place. Is my labour worth that $140 savings? Um, hella yah...!

Anyway, now Stewie and his 19 inches of widescreen glory shine like a beacon in the centre of my room, sitting atop of my brand new (used) desk. On one corner of the desk, I've set up my previous laptop computer, Grumps and on the other, I've placed TicTac (the Mac). Meanwhile, Grumps' desk has been moved to the kichen, where he supports my rice cooker, which, no, doesn't have a name, but is a very cute little rice cooker that my 98-year old grandmother gave me.

So there's the shuffle and that's my new home with all my new guests :)

No comments: