How punished one's body must feel, moving from a snug warm home into the frigid minus thirty-five (with windchill) outdoor air. I mean, I know what I go through, risking frostbite and hypothermia in my two-second walk from front door to car door... I can't imagine what others must endure as they have to--gasp--stand at a bus stop!
I don't know who decided this piece of land would be a good spot to live, let alone set up the country's largest city. Why would anyone choose Toronto, where winters are so severe that "extreme weather warning" is in a forecaster's daily vernacular!? And why do I, wimpy Vancouverite, have 15 layers on, but *still* feel cold?
Hopefully this cold snap will let up by tomorrow afternoon, as the predictions go, and I can come out of hibernation. And hopefully it won't be TOO cold when my mom and sister come visit in two short weeks!
3.06.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Or me in May!
Post a Comment