Because it's been quite dry indoors these days (presumably because it's winter and the heat is up), the air in my little apartment has been especially dry. I find this environment is quite optimal for generating static electricity, and lately I've been *shocking* myself on door knobs and pieces of furniture (not to mention Stewie and Stewie's desk).
This was especially apparent last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, snug in my bed. I felt a little cold so went and got my fluffly blanket from the couch and added a layer. As I spread out my blanket and tried unclinging it from its staticky self, it *sparked*! So of course I kept fluffing it up again and rubbing it to make it spark and spark again. It was like having a little light show in my lap!
It's a phenomenon that I had never noticed before and I wonder if there's any danger of "playing" with electricity in bed. But it's certainly fascinating and a lot less annoying than what static does to whispy hairs around my head...
3.01.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whispy hairs around your head? You growing out your 'stache again? [/snicker]
Post a Comment