Clearly, one very special thing was that TnT's wedding was a union of two of my closest friends. It's very rare for one to be lucky enough to know both bride and groom equally well. And for me, they were both, as individuals, considered to be dear friends. I would've been just as content to sit on the bride's side as I would have the groom's side, and would have actually been quite distraught about having to choose if I, in fact, had to choose. (I think ultimately, it was chosen for me that I would sit on the bride's side).
Not only a union of close friends, the wedding was a reunion of a big group of friends from as far back as elementary school. My close knit circle, who've stayed friends for over a decade, came together for the first time in as many years. From Hong Kong to Boston to Windsor and Richmond, we all gathered there that day to witness the holy matrimony of TnT. We took up two tables.
From the vows to reception, every element of the wedding had a sense of class and simplicity. They also echoed the personalities of TnT equally, who planned the entire event on their own, despite living on the Island and having to commute weekly to run wedding errands of picking flowers, meeting ministers, and picking out chair covers...
So that was the wedding that set the bar, and one of the happiest events I ever had the privilege of being a part of. One year ago today. Happy anniversary TnT! Congratulations!

3 comments:
"set the bar"? You now comparing all our future weddings against T&T's???
Man, pressure!!!
Well... yes. Basically. How could you *not* compare one wedding experience against another? And since that was the first... that's where the bar was set. No pressure, Chi.
Wait a sec, are you trying to tell us something?!?! :)
My lips are sealed. Ha ha ha ha. :p
Post a Comment