Ahhhh.. the light of day. My, I haven't seen this vision in a while. But after finishing my last class last night, I can finally relax.
The last few weeks have been such a blur, which is unfortunate, as so many exciting and fun things happened, that every one of those events should and would normally be a whole blog entry unto themselves.
One of the most unforgettable, of course, would be the bi-coastal reunions. It started on one end of the country (Richmond) and continued on to the other end (Toronto). That 10-day span or so was a great deal of fun, highlighted of course by : the Maid of the Mist at Niagara, playing skee ball at Marvel Arcade (again, at Niagara!), painting at the Little Art Box, the big fruit-off and subsequent fruit-eating, Bonnie's goorgeous wedding ceremony under the gazebo at Elgin Mills Park, dinner at the Friendly Thai, dinner at Rich Tree, 100s of desserts in between, and of course the 1,000+ photos that will capture that week. >>A note those skee ball playing friends o mine: JNTN and I now have daily dart throwing challenges on the Family Guy magnetic dartboard.
A couple of days after my Toronto guests left, and before I had even had a chance to do laundry, I was in high-gear preparing for our 3-day magazine conference, Magazines University. During those three days, I had about 5 hours a sleep each night, and was rushing from event to event. I hardly even sat down, except for the occasional pee break. Anyway, my highlight of that conference was at the Newsstand Awards reception, when my boss started crying in his thank you speech to me, and then handed a big bouquet of flowers as everyone in the audience watched and cheered.
Lastly, the assignments for my Rye U class have kept me up late at nights, mainly because I neglected them for so long. I finished the last one yesterday, which was a 7-minute oral presentation in front of the entire class. Quite stressful and nervous going into it... of course relieved coming out of it. The whole matter was filmed by my professor too... his idea of helping us improve platform manner. Once I see it, I'll decide if it isn't too awful to post.
Anyway, tomorrow I'm off to the National Magazine Awards gala at the Carlu in downtown (phancy schmancy) and then of course, the Western Magazine Awards in Vancouver next Friday. Los of exciting affairs to be a part of and a great industry to be involved in at this time of the year :)
6.14.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi G, So glad to get a blog from u. So much as happened in the last few weeks, you did a really good job of summarizing it all:) I didn't know about ur boss...I gotta hear more about that. -tina
Ewwww - no laundry? You wearing stinky clothes! :p
Awesome to hear about thank-you speech!
And hopefully, we didn't do too much damage to your place. Tee hee. :)
Post a Comment