6.26.2007

148. Hot! HOt! HOT!

I would've found it hard to believe, had I not experienced it first hand myself, how intensely hot it can be in Toronto. With a temperature reading of 30 degrees and humidity index of 78%, the air out there is like a tire fire--a mix of smoldering, smelly, toxins that if you touch, you die.

Stupidly, I thought today would be a nice day to go out for lunch. Stupidly, I stepped outside my cooly conditioned office. Stupidly, I walked ten minutes in the torrential heat to pick up a slice of pizza and then, that's right, Stupid, walked back ten minutes holding said oven-hot pizza slice in my hands (which, to a certain degree, may still have been cooler than the air around me...)

Anyway, now I'm just a mess of sweat and discomfort, as I try to ease my body back into homeostasis. With the A/C on high, it's probably a balmy 18 or 19 degrees in my office... so chilly that this morning, I had to put on a fleece! Now of course, I wish I could just strip naked and put my feet up on an ice block.

What's going on with the temperatures these days?! How does anyone survive in this weather? And isn't weather exactly what i complained about 6 months ago, in the middle of winter?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errrr - no stripping naked, please. :)

And it's a "breezy" 25°C over here in Bellevue. :p

Tina said...

Is it worse than Japan??

GoMa.on.the.go said...

YES! It *is* worse than Japan.. hard to imagine isn't it?!