6.29.2007

151. Thwarted (yet again!)

What did I do to the bike Gods to deserve this? I've been wanting a bike for so long.. and looking to Craiglist for so long.. and then in recent days found two cute bikes that I wanted, and then have the bikes SELL before I could even go see them. And this happened TWICE! What's going on? Are there seriously people who just sit online looking for bike postings and then rush off to buy them before other (working) people have time to even finish their work days?

*sigh*

So anyway, I feel like all bike sellers are plotting against me, preventing me from buying the bike I want. Thus far, I'm still seeking out one that is a hybrid mountain bike-city cruiser, exactly like the one I had in Japan. It had a comfy seat, straight handle bars, a basket in the front for my groceries, and a little peddle-powered light at the front. So cute! And only 80 bucks! Man, I want my bike.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should look into a cyclo-cross bikes.

That's the type I have right now. Nice and lightweight, but none of the racing handles. Less than 30 lbs, so you can actually lug it up and down stairs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Revenent/First%20Condo/113_1371.jpg

(2006 Specialized Sirrus Comp)

Unknown said...

Yes, Chi.. but how much is it?

(and can i put a basket in the front? with a little bell??)

Anonymous said...

Ummm - how much?

Errr - I guess it's probably more than you want to spend.

But if you can find a used one, it might be worth it.

Not sure if you can put a basket on it. But I know you can put a bell on it - they're usually just a mount-on anyways.

Plus, you can look to using saddle bags instead.