4.15.2006

Are you really reading this?!

Who are you Mystery Mike, commenting to my blog? Do I know you and do you really know me? Or are you just being mysterious?

...I suppose this blog is public and available world wide. However, I didn't really think anyone would actually read it, except for the half-dozen friends who know this blog exists. [Again, it's my internal cynic that wonders if people even read blogs...] But people have been reading!! Ada, Jerm, and Mystery Mike have told me! I feel like such a celebrity.... [13 hits, according to my visitor tracker!]

For instance, Dr. Man complimented my Portuguese egg tart entry. I'm sure she's just as excited as I am to find out about part two of our experiment. I found another strip of Portuguese bakeries on College. Very promising, indeed.

Jerm, who I pretend to compete with, updates his blog three times a day. Sure, they're all interesting and very personal entries, but three times a day is kind of excessive. I suppose that's why he has over 500 hits already. [We're not really competing, but because his blog (or to be more accurate, the revival version) is only a couple weeks older than mine, so our blogs follow similar time lines.] So I constantly check in with him, by reading his blog, which he apparently also does, as I know he's been reading mine.

So "update your blog" requested Jerm and Mystery Mike, and I came here to post, only to realize that I've got nothing to say. I'm a story teller, you see, and when I have an attentive audience, I like to entertain. I had a great day, but I don't just want to regurgitate the details--I want to tell a story.

So I have no real story today, but I can say that I had a good day. In the morning, I spent quality time with Bonnie and Jim. In the evening, I met up with two dozen people, comprising JETs and their Japanese friends. Bonnie, I've known since I was 10 years old. These Japanese friends, I just met tonight. But with both groups, I had a really good time. So all in all, I had a really good day. Not much of a story, but a pleasant memory for me, and I suppose that's what matters.

I'm sure I'll update soon. I'm a story teller after all, and I don't want to lose my audience.

1 comment:

seakrait said...

i don't update my blog three times a day. i just edit it a lot. hence my site hits ARE inflated i must confess. i just have to reread the blog over and over again many times to get it the way i want it to be read.

'ta! jerm.