I'm a bit of Blog-cynic. I remember seeing Taiwan-based Rusty online some time ago, and asking him what was new. And he replied, "Read my blog!!" What an eye-roll, I thought to myself, and began mocking him about his poor communication skills. "Why can't you just talk to me now?", I messaged him, "do you expect me to have your blog bookmarked into my web broswer?!"
A year later, I realized that my primary point of communication with my friends around the world is through my computer. "Messenger is a great place to stay in touch," I once told Stevie Y, "seeing someone online is like bumping into them on the street." The logic there, of course, is that I would actually talk to people that I bump into on the street, instead of looking down and pretending that I don't see them (which is an easy thing to do on Messenger).
I've also come into the habit of mass-emailing my mundane life events and musings. In fact, I noticed that this was quite a popular way of remaining top-of-mind with my friends; if I don't send an update in a while, I start getting emails from people asking when my next GoMa.On.The.Go update will come out.
So I suppose that the blogosphere was the next place that I had to go. Jerm really encouraged me to do it, and because I spend so much time in front of the computer at work, I really can. The hurdle for me is my hesitation about telling the world that I'm a blogger. In fact, I've only told three (ie. the three poeple in my life who have blogs of their own). Even when Dor called yesterday, and we got on the subject of blogging and Jerm's revised blog, I stopped myself from telling her that I started one too. There's just something kind of nerd-ish about keeping a blog (not that those three friends are NERDS...) but it's just a stereotype that I'm learning to get over.
Hopefully I'll get over that inner cynic soon... in fact, I've linked up with my fellow bloggers, and posted their sites too -->
Oh, I'm such a nerd.
4.10.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you ARE a nerd. :p just as long as you don't get all emo like me. :D
goma goma goma.. always 10 steps behind the trends.. u know why i told u to blog? it's so that i don't have to keep deleting those annoying mass emails that you spend out!!!! if you blog, no one can delete the things you write :P
ps. u r a nerd!!!
Post a Comment