
Wearing my brand new shoes whilst brushing my teeth tonight, I realized that I could see my WHOLE FACE reflected in the mirror for the very first time. (My above-the-sink mirror is just a little bit too high for me, usually cutting-off my reflection off at the chin...) I was wearing my new heels, testing my ability to walk in them seeing how long I could stand before hurting myself (3 minutes while brushing teeth- no problem!) I'm not sure exactly how high they are--where do you start and stop measuring?--though they're the highest heels I've ever had and, I figure, at least a four-inch boost!
The new shoes are to go with the new dress, a black number that I bought yesterday at a store called Frock, at the end of Roncies. This is my new outfit for the two weddings I have this summer. I know--shocking, isn't it--I blatantly admit to intending to wear the same dress to both weddings. But I also know that the guest lists won't have any overlap--so anyone who sees me in my outfit will only see me in it once, so no one will EVER know... (And besides, I'm POOR and I can't afford TWO new dresses!)
Anyway, in addition to my shopping conquests, this weekend was full of fun and sun. On Friday, I hung out with Dr. Man, catching a late screening of MI:3 and then enjoying an after-hours bubble tea. Yesterday, I went to the Roncesvalles Street Festival--nothing too fancy, it basically consists of clowns making balloon animals and kids selling lemonade on the sidewalk.
Last night was also my Thai dinner party. It was great hav
ing friends over; having company, sharing my lovely home with others, getting help eating all the food I had made... It was Ada's first time visiting my new home, and Thomas' too, of course. But we enjoyed fun (and funny!) conversation, yummy food, and even chocolate mint leaves from my herb garden!! Aren't they such a cute and lovely couple?-->This morning, I had Mother's Day Sunday Brunch with a couple of other orphan friends (ie. children whose moms are out of town) Marina and her friend Herb. We went to this groovy place called Eggstacy, with a great brunchy menu at dirt-cheap prices. From there, I went down to Queen Street West to browse some shoe stores, though I didn't find my 4" killer heels until I got to Kensington Market, arms laden with groceries that I picked up in Chinatown. Still, I got home in time for an evening jog through High Park, passing through for the first time the High Park Zoo, full of big smelly bison and preening peacocks, and even a cute kangaroo! So an eventful weekend; I spent time with friends, hung out in my neighbourhood, cleaned my house, cooked, saw some wildlife and even went for a jog! Proud to say, missions: all accomplished!!
5 comments:
Hahahaha... I like how your bathroom mirror is a little too tall for you. :p And Ada's b/f looks vaguely familiar for some reason. Have we all met before?
Thomas used to go to UBC, though I don't think he likes geeks (like you).
Doesn't like geeks, eh? Hmm... I don't like him already. :p
Just kidding, just kidding. No, seriously. I swear I've seen him before somewhere. Oh well.
I'm kidding.. he IS a geek.
Supremely.
You two will get along well :P
Gee. Those shoes! Aiyah. You gotta train to wear those:P
Post a Comment