11:45am. Looking over at the clock, I sit up with a jolt--I totally slept in!! I blame it partially on my basement suite home, which really doesn't receive very much sunshine. The middle of the afternoon still looks like the middle of the night, especially in the corner of the room where my bed is. The other reason I was so tired was because I stayed up to 4am watching DVDs of the show "Battlestar Galactica". Not a show that I would typically gravitate towards, BG is the latest thing in my DVD player. Marina's friend Herbert insisted that I give the show a try... that I would be addicted to it. I'm NOT addicted... but I am curious to see how the show will end... I've got about 20 hours more of show to go.
12:30pm. Speed walking, I look over my shoulder. I just missed a streetcar, and figure it might be quicker to just walk to the subway station rather than wait for the next car to come along. It's very warm out, too, and I'm starting to sweat in the humid heat. I take off my zip hoodie; man, this is going to be annoying, carrying this around all day.
1:55pm. Walking out of Cinderella, a second floor hair salon in Koreatown, I check out my reflection in the store window. The stylist curled my hair. Cute, I think, though I'm still not sure if I ought to get a perm. The cut itself is nothing too special; the "usual" is what the stylist gave me.
2:05pm. Buying Korean sushi, a quick, cheap snack. I've developed a taste for Korean sushi--it's like a small futomaki roll. It's gorgeous out, sparkling and sunny. I decide to go SHOPPING and show off my sassy curly hair.
2:35pm. Trying on sandals at Payless Shoe Source. The original "BOGO", Payless was where I had first heard of the acronym for Buy One Get One (half-off). I don't see two that I like though (and I couldn't possibly just buy one pair) so I move on to the next store.
2:42pm. Starting to get thirsty. I wonder if there is any bubble tea around here.
2:55pm. Leaving La Senza. Bought a couple of undies. They're pricey, but cute, I think.
3:05pm. Passing by Bubble Tease, a bubble tea chain, I take a long look at the menu. I decide I can't though... if I keep eating all these sweets, I'm not going to fit the underwear I just bought!
3:12pm. Sipping on a bubble tea. I had walked a few more blocks, but then couldn't resist the summer special at Tea 168, another bubble tea chain. $1.99 for a pearl milk tea! Yum!
3:22pm. Shopping at the Dollarama. I definitely needed to buy something from here, but I can't remember what. I can't focus because I need to pee--badly! I shouldn't have had that bubble tea. I leave the store, empty-handed, desperate for a toilet.
3:28pm. Trying on sandals again. In my search for the toilet, I pass by the Shoe Warehouse on Bloor. The 50% off signs in the window distract me from my bladder...
3:33pm. Peeing. Sigh.
3:45pm. Browsing the racks at The Bay. It's my new favourite store. They sell EVERYTHING at the Bay! Plus they have great sales, good selection, and Bay Days! I'm sad that it's no longer a Canadian store... it's like older than Canada is! Poor Bay.
4:10pm. Listlessly wandering. The subway stop is right here and I could just go home. But I like being out, so I just wander around. I check out the fabric store, chat with a friendly old woman.
4:25pm. Shuffling over a bit, I'm trying to subltly move away from the man beside me on the subway. He's creepily trying to look into my La Senza bag. I'm sure he's dissapointed though... I had tucked in my half-eaten Korean sushi in there.
4:43pm. Trying to get the side gate open so I can get to my front door. Someone has locked it... and it's NEVER locked! I have to ring the doorbell of my landlord's house to get them to open it for me. We play with the gate for a bit, but we're not sure about why the door locked.
4:48pm. Unpacking my purchases. I start moving things around my room, tidying here and there. I feel so relaxed in my home... nice and cool in here, out of the glaring sun. I watch TV, have some dinner, check and reply to emails, chat on the phone, work on the computer some more...
10:01pm. Blogging away. Nothing much going on, I don't know what to write. I have more stories about Boston, but will explore those later. Maybe just write about my day. I didn't do much, but it was a nice day.
5.27.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yay La Senza underwear! Let's see what you bought! ;) Sounds like a nice day in TO goma-chan. I wish I was out shopping too...
Yay La Senza! I went shopping again today... bought a matching bra! yay!
is it black?
Why would you not buy a matching bra from the start? Are they not a set? Isn't it cheaper to buy them together?
Well, what I know, eh? The only thing I know about women's underwear is how to take it all off with two fingers. ;)
Two fingers?? I can do it with my teeth!!! My incisors!!!
Um. No, it's not cheaper. And things don't really come as "sets" anymore. You should go shopping at La Senza more often.
And stop being so dirty. Both of you.
goma....la senza...*shivers*
Hi Sister! I love ur story about ur day....stopping for a pee, trying and retrying sandals...and the creepy man looking at ur La Senza sushi:) Haha
Post a Comment