5.31.2006

Holy Deadlines!

So I'm on deadline at work, I'm on deadline at home... my, my, my what a schedule an Assistant Publisher has! Work has just been crazy lately--I'm juggling about 348 things (no really, I made a list!) which all have to be done by tomorrow. Next week is Mags U, a four-day conference and gathering of all the magazine publishers from all over Canada. Our company, a major partner in the conference, is heavily involved in all the marketing materials, signage, and dozens of little seminars and events. Which means I, as Assistant Publisher, have to get all of those marketing materials, signage, and dozens of little seminars and events set-up, printed, coordinated, and delivered to the right people at the right time. PHEW!

At home, I'm working on the JETAA Toronto newsletter (the June issue) which, as tomorrow is June 1, had to be done by today. On previous issues, I did some of the stuff on the newsletter at work (seriously, but don't tell my boss!!!), but of course now as I'm so busy I can't even eat my lunch, it ends up that I had to do all of the newsletter in my home time. So life at work and at home is pretty crazy as of late, though I'm juggling it all pretty well, methinks as the craziness ends tomorrow.

And my reward?

A FRIEND!

Yay! A FRIEND is coming tomorrow evening (Good timing, isn't it? Considering all of my deadlines coincide just as her plane arrives in Pearson!) and I'm totally looking forward to a weekend of laughing, chatting, shopping, eating, catching up, and exploring all of TO together. Mike (the weatherman on Global) predicts that the next four days will be sunny, warm, and a lot more pleasant than the sweltering 35-degree humidity we've been suffering. So all in all, the combination of good weather and good friends equals a good time.

No comments: