I got myself involved in the JETAA a few months ago and now, as the JETAA newsletter editor, I find that I spend hours in front of my computer, working on the newsletter. And, as nerdy as this makes me, I love every minute of it.
I get a big high out of writing and designing; editing my own newsletter makes me happy. The JETAA audience is an active one (a recent poll suggested 72% of JETAAs read the newsletter!) and I have been fortunate enough to receive feedback—actual, written, letters—about recent articles and recent newsletters. Mutually reciprocated happiness, I call it.
It looks like I put a lot of work in each; in fact, I probably do. But it’s an enjoyable hobby of mine, and though I dream of making gardening my hobby or cooking for that matter, I think I’ve found my niche—in front of the computer!
--links to my newsletter are coming... as soon as I figure out how to link them up! Meanwhile, email me to request a copy!--
5.05.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aren't we all nerds?
no. just you tina. ;)
YOU ARE ONE of the BIGGEST NERDS that I KNOW!!!
Post a Comment