I visited 12 countries last night, in a 3-hour walking tour of York University. The concept was known as "Culture Crawl" and was organized by and for the MBA students at Shulich, at York. We were organized into groups, complete with a sign-toting group leader, and led on tours of the "country pavillions", set up in the residences around the campus. Occassionally, we'd stop, the leader would announce, "This is Isreal" and we'd walk into some guy's room with the sign "Isreal" on the door. Then we'd just sit down and chow on some traditional foods of that country. As ghetto as it sounds, some of the rooms were incredibly well-decorated, and I definitely sampled some awesome foods last night. By country 5, I was fairly stuffed, because of all of the pad thai, chicken biryani, Greek salad, falafel, jerk chicken and various other dishes, of names which I've forgotten. My favourite of the 12 pavillions was the Japan pavillion, where I met a cute Japanese family from Funabashi, Chiba (close to my ol' hometown!) and the India pavillion, where I learned to dance Bangahara and enjoy some Indian desserts.
All in all, a great way kick-off this 3-day weekend of FOODY fun! Happy Turkey and Moon Cake Day everyone!
10.07.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment