10.01.2006

Burgers and Dumplings

We had a very eclectic menu for our dragon boat team wrap-up BBQ party, as we had 20 hungry mouths to feed, and an ambitious cooking staff. Four of us (me, HA, Nat, and Eriz) spent three hours carefully selecting fine ingredients to put together our half-Japanese, half-western party menu. We cooked yakitori (chicken skewer), aparagus skewers, gyoza, Korean short ribs, and burgers. Me, the BBQ Queen, was in charge of the grill, which I used to bring the skewer sticks to juicy BBQ perfection. Drinks flowing, music buzzing, and all 20 of lounging on Eriz's comfy leather couches and traditional Japanese tatami mats made for an amazing party scene.

It was a great night though I did get myself in a bit of trouble. I found myself chatting with Eriz's buddy for a while, as he wasn't on the db team and didn't know any of us. I offered him a beer and a chicken skewer, telling him to enjoy the food and make himself comfortable. Safe, and friendly, right? Well after S left, Eriz came up to me with his goofy grin and said, "Hey, S likes you." Slightly stunned I prodded, "How? Why? I hardly talked to him..." and Eriz just shrugged, "he thinks you're cute. And he likes you." So I guess that's just it.. all you gotta do to attract a guy is go give him some chicken on a stick.

5 comments:

TK said...

Our next care package to Ms. Goma is a baseball bat so you can beat off all these men!!! Wow. That is like 5 TO guys that want to date you.

Choose wisely!!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it is something in the water out there...

Anonymous said...

TK-- Yah, but who's counting? /wink
Anon-- Who are you? I'd like to beat you with a baseball bat...

seakrait said...

Ha. There must be. Either that or maybe there's something in the water in BC. Wink wink nudge nudge. Or maybe all of Goma's parties happen in the dark. :D

Tina said...

the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach!