10.08.2006

Turkey and chocolate ravioli

So a 15-pound turkey for 15 people. By my math, that's a pound of turkey per head. Factor in pork roast, lasagna, mashed potatoes, corn, scallopped potatoes, spinach salad, rice, dumplings, cheese, gravy, cranberry sauce, two apple pies, chocolate ravioli, and vanilla ice-cream... and that's a whole lotta food. And that's also what I had for dinner last night.

Man, how did this holiday come to become centered around food? From my studies in elementary school, I know has something to do with pilgrims and cornucopias. Of course, there weren't pilgrims in Canada though, so I'm not sure how we ended up with a Thanksgiving, nor do I know why ours is 6 weeks ahead of the American one. Oh well... all I know is that it's a day to pig out and be thankful that there are people out there who can really COOK! Mmm....



No comments: