I'm chilling at the Toronto Public Library, killing time between social events by updating my blog. Days have been busy lately, due to work commitments, volunteer commitements, and my insatiable thirst for going out and having fun. So now that I find some time for myself, for the first time in a half-dozen days, I naturally navigate towards this website to do a little catching up.
This past weekend was the pre-weekend to Halloween, a day that is double-highlighted in my social agenda. I LOOOVE Halloween. I'ved loved it ever since I was a kid and discovered that people would give me candy for ringing doorbells and looking cute, to working at Halloween retail-heaven Dressew, the essential spot for serious costume shopping.
These days in Toronto, I'm witnessing my friendly yuppie neighbourhood, with its old skool Victorian homes, transformed into a picturesque Halloween scene. Row after row, the houses are decorated with pumpkins and skeletons, and full-on giant spiders hanging off roof eaves. With all the golden orange leaves that have fallen in the past few days, the whole street looks as picturesque as a movie lot for an autumn set film. I'm totally looking forward to seeing the little trick-or-treaters tonight in their cute costumes and just a bit dissapointed that I likely won't have the opportunity of handing out candy. If I were a little kid, I'd be too scared to walk down the dark path to the side where my basement apartment door is. But I'm going to buy a bag of treats... just in case one of them comes by... consoled by the fact that even if no one comes by, I'll have a bag of candy to eat.
Anyway, on Saturday, I went to my friend Soni's place for a major house party. It was totally awesome, with fantastic decorations inside and out, and a crowd of fun people dressed in great-looking costumes. I knew only a few of the guests at the start of the night, but had a great time meeting them... Where else can you break the ice with stuff like "Nice tentacles" (to the jellyfish); "That's a big wart" (to the witch); "Can I turn your crank?" (to the Jack-in-the-box); "You're a nerd!" (to the nerd); "Can I touch you?" (to the furry Tigger) and "Are you wearing pants?!" (to a couple of ppl... ). Pictures to come...
10.31.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When you eat too much sweets, you take up two seats!
You should put a sign on the sidewalk pointing the little children to the den of iniquity that is your home.
so what happened to the coat??
Post a Comment