So my consistent posting has brought me to today's exciting milestone-- POST NUMBER FIFTY! Wow. I totally didn't think I'd get here, being the total commitment-phobe that I am, because I didn't think I'd keep up with my blog. But, I'm here, and you're here with me, so pats on our backs, for making it. Yay!
This being a significant post, I think the content of it should also be somewhat significant. And thus I steal (once again) from my blog-muse Seakrait and like he, post my Birthday Resolutions!
I turn 27 on August 25th; just under a month from today. Unlike most people my age, I LOOOVE my birthday. It's my excuse to see my friends and family, spend my money like I deserve it, do "special" things, and just enjoy myself. It's also a good time of the year... late summer time, right before people start going back to school or work. So I like to celebrate. And it's not because it's all about me... I just like to having excuses for celebration!
Anyway, on to the Birthday Resolutions: ie. resolutions that will govern my existence during my 27th year.
1. WORK HARD. Last year at this time, I had just quit my job at Canada Wide, throwing my career up into the air to see what would happen. Now I'm in Toronto; I'm with a decent company, getting great experience, and learning lots, but my head and heart are constantly wandering to the "employment opportunities" to see what other job options I have. My resolution then is focus and work hard at what I'm doing. I made a decision, obviously, and I ought to stick to it. I want to work hard on my career, because I left a lot behind to come here, and I owe it to myself to take advantage of my full experience here. I don't think I can leave until I can honestly say to myself that I've done all I can do.
2. OPEN UP. I'm such a shy girl. Hard to believe, I know, because I'm very good at leading and starting conversations. But I'm a very closed book and I keep a lot of personal things personal. By opening up to people, and trusting people more, I'll hopefully extend my social network into a more personal network.
3. LEAP. This also lends itself to my inability to make "new" friends. A case in point is how I handle my degrees of closeness with people. I have friends in Montreal, Jamaica, and Switzerland who ask all the time when I'm going to go visit. I secretly want to go to all three places very badly... but I'm more afraid of the "weirdness" or "akwardness" of me going off to Switzerland, knowing and staying with the one boy that I know--or in this case, "hardly know". I hope that I can take more leaps of faith and lead with my heart, rather than always over-thinking and analyzing situations. If not just to make better friends, but also to take advantage of all this free lodging available around the world!
4. CALL. I've talked about this before. I'm really bad and really lazy about staying in touch with friends and family. I just let them call me... or I'll send out some generic mass email. So I resolve to make a random call, at least once a week to someone out of the blue. Maybe those friends in Montreal, Switzerland, or Jamaica, for instance, would be a good start.
5. EAT WELL. I know I have bad eating habits. I eat with my eyes (ie. I see food, I eat it) and I don't always know when I'm full (ie. I see I still have food, I eat it). I'm also a social eater (ie. I see friend with food, I eat it) and I give into cravings (ie. I don't see food, but I want food, I go get food, I eat it). My biggest problem is the staff kitchen, where, just this morning, I found a big box of Tim Hortons donuts. I fell victim to all of the above weaknesses. I mean, I wasn't hungry, but I could SEE all of the donuts and I could SEE all of my coworkers eating them, so ate one too. Boo.
6. BLOG. I think that this blogging thing is a really good outlet for me so I resolve to stick to it. It's been a good way to stay in touch, a good way to start a conversation, and a great way to track for myself what's going on in my life.
I think that's a good list. Six things to keep in mind this year. Hopefully when I blog my birthday resolutions for my 28th, I would've had a raise (or a promotions!), made some new friends, travelled a bit, reconnected with my old friends, and lost some weight. Until then, I'll just keep tabs on myself, my life, and my goals right here.
7.30.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
u forgot boston
Post a Comment