7.17.2006
The Unbearable Hotness
Craving something sweet, I decided to head over to Eddie's Wholesale Meat Products, a little Polish deli about 100 yards away from my office. I stepped out the front door to be instantly engulfed in a tidal wave of excrutiating hot air. Any advancement I made was greeted by a whoosh of cinders, all burning away at my flesh. It felt like my head was being suffocated, with a gray plastic Walmart bag, and my body was being wrapped to immobility by a smelly, itchy burlap potato sack. The breeze felt like a blow torch, firing even more intense hotness despite it's teasingly lovely swish sound through the trees. I thought to myself that this must be what it is like to be inside a food dehydrator--in HELL. At the point that my shoes were just starting to melt, and my eyes were about to recede into my skull, I reached my sanctuary Eddie's and I bought a Kinder Country chocolate bar. YUM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd make a joke about Polish "meat" but that'd be in poor taste [snicker snicker]. The weather here has generally been hot too but it hasn't been too humid as of late. This weekend looks to be sunny and bright. :)
You don't think I exagerate and hyperbole too much do you?
Post a Comment