9.30.2006

Google Proof

So some comments from my "friends" set in some paranoia as I've realized that it's possible that my blog can be googled. I know how odd that sounds... I mean, most people WANT their blogs to be read and WANT their blogs to get lots of hits. I'm completely opposite however, prefering to keep my personal blog a bit, well, personal.

Realizing that my blog is "public" really makes me a bit nervous that my lies and secrets can be traced back to me. Not only by my boss or my coworkers but by other people that I talk about like poor ol' Sangria Man. Plus there are people in my life who KNOW I have a blog, but don't know the URL... and to tell you the truth, I prefer to keep it that way.

So I spent some time last night googling myself and googling my blog, and I got enough hits to understand that I've got do some damage control. I've got to do some google proofing. Yes, that completely contradicts me being on the world wide web, but I really don't want certain people discovering this secret electronic journal of mine.... and at the same time, I REFUSE to censor myself. I'm fully conscious that my "five readers" are out there and can read my dirty lies and secrets. And I'm fine with that because I like my loyal five readers... but the second I know that someone outside of this "inner circle" is peeping in on my life, then I don't know what's going to become of what I write or of me or of this blog...

5 comments:

TK said...

Hey Goma,

Sorry to have made you paranoid. I was just geniunely concerned for your online "safety" and wanted to ensure you were online aware of blog googling and just aware of what some companies do. A lot of people with myspaces/blogs etc. don't realize that while their words may want to be private, they are in fact public to millions and millions of people. I just think of myself as bringing awareness to my friends! ;)

Tina said...

this is a tuff dilemma, g.

seakrait said...

GLORIA MA.

That being said, I wonder if the comments section on Blogger will show up on Google searches. Let's test this by making up a word. Ganupoodu. Now I'll search for it.

seakrait said...

Nope, couldn't find anything related to your blog via comments or at all within the first few pages. Not that I tried very hard but at least you're not like me: http://www.google.ca/blogsearch?hl=en&q=seakrait in that anything to do with the word "seakrait" on the internet as a username is 95%probably me.

Anonymous said...

Seakrait-- Thanks for the experiment. You should change your handle to Ganupoodu and make that word mainstream too :P