The nerdiest thing about this whole matter, however, is that my friend's friend, put together an excel spreadsheet so that one can handidly go through and do a count of how many books he/she read. The final counts from them, of people ranging in age 26 to 40+, also ranged from 49 books read to 250. Of course, they also all work at Random House, one of the largest book publishers in Canada... so obviously they're bookish people, and are surrounded by bookish temptations all day.
Me on the other hand? I've read 39 of the books. Not bad considering I only read about (whisper) 3 books last year!! But this has instilled in me a new resolution for 2007, and that is to read an ambitious 12 books by year's end. As I'm taking night school too, I'm going to allow textbooks to be included on this list :)
Hopefully my "book club buddy" will help me out with this goal?? [wink]

1 comment:
Reading is one of my goals this year too! A friend's goal is to read 52 books a year. That's way too many for me...so incidently, I picked 12 books as my goal too! Specifically, my goal is to read 12 adult books and 12 childrend's novels. So far I've read 2 books, Shanghai Baby and For One More Day:) No kids books so far. 22 more to go...
I haven't faired as well on my exercise goals however:P
Post a Comment