I'm in need of some career counselling... and so I wonder, what it would be like if I, myself, become a career counsellor?? It seems like such a helpful vocation... to advise people on their work, to edit people's cover letters, to conduct mock interviews with people... I first got a taste of career counselling when I worked at Career Services at UBC as a "Career Ambassador". My job was to promote on-campus job recruitment fairs and to promote the helpful career services available. I was also trained in resume consultation, something that I really enjoyed doing at the time.
Of course, now that I've "pigeonholed" my career in publishing, I'm looking to career counselling as a viable alternative. There are some night classes that I can take in HR management... ideally this will give me some expertise in recruitment and job support. The next step would to get training in counselling... ideally so I can counsel people on a professional level and not have them break down and cry on me.
Anyway... just a thought.
1.05.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
an interesting possibility
Post a Comment