1.04.2007

Christmas Holiday Review

Wow... what a whirlwind 12 days of fun, food, friends, family and good times. I can hardly believe that I'm back already "working", although my mindspace is clearly still in Vancouver. To wrap-up, here is a synopsis of my fondest highlights from each day. You'll noticed that the planned days came out pretty close to what was on my wish-list! :)

Thurs.Dec.21- arrive at 10:30am; lunch with Stevie Y and Enahm at Matsuyama; dinner at home with family; bubble tea with friends at Tapioca Express
Fri.Dec.22- lunch and all-I-could-eat fries at Red Robin; Grace and Stevie Y's Xmas party at night
Sat.Dec.23- dim sum lunch, grocery shopping, and hot pot dinner at home with family; the Pursuit of Happyness movie at night
Sun.Dec.24- sushi lunch at Sushi Town with great-aunt; shopping at Brentwood Mall; baking 300 cookies with sister
Mon.Dec.25- decorating cookies; wrapping presents; having family Xmas dinner at my house at night
Tues.Dec.26- Boxing Day shopping with sister; bubble tea with friends at Tapioca Express
Wed.Dec.27- shopping with family in States; eating wings, watching Canucks game, and winning free shots Mark James
Thurs.Dec.28- Boston Pizza lunch with BF; roasting potatoes; Xmas party at TnT's at night
Fri.Dec.29- lunch at Sha Lin Noodle House with Nami and Tina; hot stone massage by Nami; Jffy's birthday dinner at night
Sat.Dec.30- dim sum at Gala Seafood Restaurant with 16 friends; hanging out at WesnVie's house; dinner at East No.1 Chinese restaurant with aunts and uncles; Casino Royale movie at night
Sun.Dec.31- lunch at Shanghai Wind; grocery shopping at TnT Supermarket; hanging out at TnT's house; dinner at home; playing board games and counting down at my house; heading to airport at 5:30am to catch 7am flight

List of restaurants/ types of food that I ate:
Sushi (twice); bubble tea (four times); mom's soup; fries from Red Robin; dumplings from Shanghai Wind; dim sum (twice); Boston Pizza (with BF); wings, noodles from Sha Lin Noodle House, and 300 homemade cookies!

In terms of shopping, my best purchases were:
$20 DVD player from Best Buy; $6.99 4-USB hub from London Drugs; $3 polo t-shirt from Aeropostale (Bellis Fair); and a $2 rolling pin from Daiso

I was able to see two movies (Will Smith and James Bond), the Canucks game (on TV), lots of friends, and lots of family.

I'm happy that I was able to get many things done on my to-do list, and look forward to the next time that I'm in VanCity. It always feels a bit empty and funny to come back to TO, but I know things will ease back into the routine after a little while. Until then, I hope that my happy memories keep my spirits high until my next trip back "home".

No comments: