So today was the first day of "school" for me, or in my case, Organizational Behaviour class at George Brown College. I'm taking it as part of a six-credit certificate program in HR management. This is all part of my annual self-betterment ritual... no, not exactly a New Year's resolution, per se... it's more like an attempt at balancing my mental self by providing myself with a short term challenge.
The post-holiday rut hits me hard... especially when the days are short and I go to work and come home in the dark. I know myself well enough to predict a mental funk, as well as understanding its symptoms. This time around, I thought a productive and proactive thing to do would be to take a motivating, self-benefiting, academic course. It'll stress me out a bit, stimulate some brain cells that are out of use, and just give me something to do besides vegging in front of the TV.
[Of course, when I came home after class tonight and realized that I'd be missing next week's season premier of 24... my head snapped back to reality! So now, I'm trying to see if I can find the same class offered on another night so I don't have to miss my Monday night TV! teehee. ]
1.08.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment