8.05.2006

Die, mold, die...

After having discovered alternative lifeforms in my apartment back room, I was given a dehumidifier from my landlord. Actually, self-correction, I wasn't just given the dehumidifier--I've had it since January when I moved in--I've just never used it. But it's now on, humming in the background, sucking all the moisture out of the air, and simultaneously sucking the liquid life out of Moldy and his moldy pals.

It's quite the thing, this dehumidifier machine. It stands about 1.5 feet tall by 1.5 feet wide and 1 foot deep. It has a big, removable bucket in the back, where all the water goes. I have to empty it about once every 8 hours--basically about 2 or 3 litres of water each time. Can you imagine that? I never noticed how moist the air is in my little underground home...

Anyway, my long weekend looks to be a busy, exciting one--hopefully an improvement over this week which has revolved around dehumidifier bucket-emptying and mold monitoring. haha. No, things haven't been so bad... I mean, this mold thing isn't normally a part of my life--it's actually one of those new, exciting challenges of living out here!

No comments: