8.25.2006

Van0806 Day 10: Bday BBQ

Slept in to nearly noon before getting up to do bday preps. Mainly cutting up fruits and veggies and stacking things neatly in the coolers. Then while bringing all the bags and boxes of things to the car, my mom commented that it looked like I was moving out. I laughed—beach BBQs are no simple affair!

Got to the beach around 4:30pm and started grilling non-stop to about 8:00pm. Lots of fun people came during the evening, in order: my sister, Namichan, Rario, Enahm, Afa, Dev and Jonny, Stevie Y, JMo, Lorets and Willl, Eatham, Bonbon, Albee, Dug, Baby D and Ems, Jerm and Izzy. Notice how I don’t use anyone’s real names? A) cuz people these days fear Internet stalkers and b) it’s more fun and c) cuz I rarely use people’s real names anymore… we all have nicknames these days! Total 21 people and I think we had just enough food for all (walked away with one burger and two bunless dogs leftover).

Special thanks to Stevie Y for my ultra-cool Pop 5 Cranium board game (that’s right, folks, there’s a NEW VERSION!), the Chuns (and Willl, and honourary Chun) for my gorgeous Matt&Nat purse (using it right now!), Baby D for the flowers (I didn’t bring them to Toronto with me but my mom is enjoying them), Bonbon for the beautiful bracelet (kept showing my parents and asking them to tell me how pretty they thought it was!) and Rario for the card (cute and friendly; thanks!).

Post-BBQ movie was Talledega Nights: The Legend of Bobby something or other. Movie was funny enough, though my highbrow nature and taste in movies won’t allow me to admit it. The DFungs and Dr.Ben came out too. Nice to see them and overall a great way to celebrate my birthday!! (which is today!! :P)

4 comments:

seakrait said...

yay! someone else who is 27 years old! :D happy birthday again GoMa! you have to update us on your vancouver x'mas plans. :)

GoMa.on.the.go said...

Thanks seakrait! I'll let you know the next time I'm coming home! Help me look for cheap flights :)

Anonymous said...

I guess John and I do not count as guests at your BBQ

Devon

GoMa.on.the.go said...

OOOPS!! ohmigod, Dev, i'm SO sorry!!:(
you know i love you and am happy u and john came! (my face is beet red..)