They drove us to their home, and we were immediately presented with "envelopes of fun" outlining the rules for game competition for the weekend. We put together a giant scoreboard, and hung it in the living room and then began our first set of games. The first night consisted of a "How well do you know your friends" quiz, karaoke revolution, TnTaboo, Cranium, and foody treats including gaucomole doritos, two types of cheezies, and strawberry rhubarb pie. TnT also added a bit of spice to the evening by introducing the "bad apple" of punishments, a jar of pieces of paper containing punishments that we wrote down. The rules stated that in case of argument (which often occurs when you get me in a room with TK; or me with Enahm, or TK with Tanya, for that matter), the fighting children would be "punished" by having to do one of the nasty deeds written on one of the pieces of paper. Good times, I tell ya, and it was all fun until our household finally fell asleep around 4am (which, for me, was feeling like 7am in the morning!)
Nonetheless, we were raring to go the next morning, as TK prepared breakfast for all us bratty kids, and took us to Parksville for bumper boats and mini golf. Again as rules stipulated, the object of the 5 minute bumper boating was to get as drenched as possible... a contest that I VERY FAIRLY won! Evidence:
Following the boating, drying off, and additional disputing about points and degrees of post-boating wetness, we started our mini golf match. Though everyone got at least one or two (fluke) holes-in-one, the end of golf game winner was TK. (And though all of his other wins of previous games were slightly controversial, it had to be admitted that he won fairly--well...we think..)
Post-Parksville, we went over to Coombs, my favourite island spot for knick knacks and fresh foods. We had an awesome lunch, bought a few souvenirs, and then raced off to the Departure Bay ferry to catch the 5:10pm return trip home. A total 24-hour trip, but definitely lifetime memories. Thanks TnT, for a wonderful weekend!
3 comments:
Sounds like a super fun weekend. I wish I could have made it =( I hate being sick!
Devon
hi gloria! looks like it was fun!
I won the driest! And I came in second in Minigolf! Wo0t. But I'm so tired today. I fell asleep at work. :p
Post a Comment