8.24.2006

VAN0806 Day 7: 1..2..3..GOMA shots

Friday featured my fourth trip to Daiso in as many days. Stevie Y and I needed to get supplies for the wedding games. After a power-meeting (also with a set agenda), we co-MCs had almost finalized the schedule of events, games outline, general speech, and Jeopardy power point. We were in a rush, however, to meet WesnVie, for a tour of the reception venue. So we ran around Daiso trying to find a chicken, a beard, and a blindfold. Happy to announce that we did, in fact, find all of the above (I LOVE DAISO!) in time to meet the couple and enjoy a bubble tea with them.

[To digress, so I can add how privileged I felt to actually see WesnVie and hang out with them during the three days previous to the wedding. I always feel a bit star-struck when it comes to situations like this—as though I’m not “worthy” of the time of such V.I.Ps. So it was totally nice to spend that quality time with them so often—over bubble tea, nonetheless!]

Anyway, after the frantic wedding preps of the morning, I rushed home to pack my bags and my car for the next day. I had plans for a night of clubbing with Dev and Dor, followed by a sleepover at Dev’s swanky new condo. We went out to Plaza that night, along with Rario, who was quite The Man, armed with three lovely ladies walking through downtown. Dinner was at Kitto, where D was hilariously funny and only-slightly embarrassing as she flirted with the Japanese waiters and staff. A couple of rounds of 1..2..3..Goma (for shots) and yummy sushi dinner later, the three of them were totally buzzed but having an awesome time. The music at Plaza was pretty decent and the crowd was young and fun. Got back around 2am that night, falling asleep nearly as soon as my head hit the pillow.

No comments: