My first "mainland" day consisted of a noodle lunch, quality time at a friend's new apartment, dinner at home, a bubble tea party, a late night rescue mission, and midnight photos at the pier. The day was definitely full of highlights (and one or two lowlights) that I'll summarize in brief:
HIGHLIGHTS:
1. Nami-chan, recently licensed esthetician and long-time friend, set up a "bed" in her new apartment living room for me where I was invited to lie down and given a FREE facial and manicure! Definitely fun, as we chatted and caught up, and very nearly spa-quality service, despite the occasional car honk of traffic outside her apartment...
2. Bubble tea, that iconic Asian drink, has somehow surpassed all usual conventions as simply a fancy beverage to becoming a social event in itself. Tonight's bubble tea party was part high school reunion/intro to the new gf in Jerm's life/and an ultimate team's post-mortem... special guest being my super sidekick, who drove 1000 miles, all the way from PoCo just to have a drink with us. (Of course, I have to give you special mention, sidekick, because I was truly touched by your effort! Awww... *moment*)!
3. Midnight photos at the pier was a completely unplanned, spontaneous activity (note: not on original itinerary) and definitely a fun-filled thirty minutes with my pal Rario. Wanting to show him a "little more of Richmond", I directed Rario to the very southern point of No.3 Road, where the south arm of the Fraser River shores our city. We pulled over to take photos of stars and ourselves with his fancy new digicam, and even made some fabulous "animated photo clips" that I promise to post once they're avail.
LOWLIGHTS:
1. The brief search and rescue party that was sent out to find one of my friends who didn't show up to the bbt party. All's well that end well, however, as mission was accomplished, and we found said-friend by the end of the night.
Lesson of the day: never ever be without your cell phone!
8.15.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment