Bonnie came down to Toronto for the weekend, and we met up yesterday for brunch. I was so excited to see her because this was the first time seeing her since she told me a couple of weeks ago that she's engaged! She looked happy and lovely, and as old friends always do, so wonderfuly familiar. I also saw her ring--1.06karat princess-cut diamond with E-clarity and 6 gypsy diamonds along the band--for those who care about those sorts of things :P.
I showed her my day bus pass and announced that with it, we could go all over the city! But funnily enough, we spent about four hours in the same one-block radius, basically because we were just chatting the whole time, catching up first at brunch, and then over a coffee "break". Even though I had seen Bonnie relatively recently at TnT's June wedding, I felt like I had so much to talk to her about and catch up on. And I think that's a mark of true friendship--that you're so connected to someone that conversation comes so quickly and naturally and you forget about everything else. After nearly 20 years of friendship with someone, I really appreciate having that with Bonnie.
8.06.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment