9.13.2006

Cookies at My Desk...

Cookies are the bane of my waistline. I just couldn't help buying a box of chocolate cookies today when my coworker suggested we take a walk over to Eddie's Wholesale Meat Products (ie. the only food retailer within a 10-minute radius of my company). Being an entirely Polish-imports store, it can be difficult shopping in Eddie's, or knowing exactly what I'm getting. But the box of "Hit" cookies that I bought (with a little illustration of a vanilla wafer-like cookie filled with chocolate cream) is definitely a big-time hit on my palette. I think that since I've started this post, I've already eaten three of them...

I once read an article that office workers typically eat 75% more calories in the office than they do when they are at home due to the freebie doughnuts, sweets, and chocolates that are always avail in communal eating areas. This stat is too woefully true in my life, because as hard as I try to resist all of those deliciously wonderful sweet things that people bake and bring in, I can't. I think it's because I eat with my eyes... and what I see is what I eat. It's also because I get really bored at work... and when I'm bored, I always eat too. I'm trying to something to distract me from food, like blogging when I'm bored at work, but that, evidently, isn't very effective either...

PS. Just had my fourth cookie.

1 comment:

seakrait said...

Stttttttttttraight to your thighs!