9.27.2006

Raw Meat and Bubble Tea

My body is still digesting the pound of meat I ate last night. And the post-dinner drinks. And the post-drinks bubble tea... ah, but such is life when one is on "vacation"... you just eat and eat and eat.

Okay, so I'm NOT on vacation, but it certainly feels like I am with Dev in town. Yesterday after work, we met downtown for a feast of all-we-could-eat-meat at the Korean BBQ Grill House. If you recall, I just went there recently with Janger. But relative to Vancouver's Korean BBQ places, the food is so good and so cheap there that I've added it to my "Vancouver visitor must-see" list. And thus I took her and another friend, and the three of us ate all we could, and then order a couple extra rounds of bean sprouts to top it all off. (Ever seen Dev chow down on bean sprouts!?...)

To walk off our weight, we went for a stroll down Queen Street... coincidentally the shopping street that we spent 6 hours "strolling" a few days earlier. Unfortunately, most of the stores were closed by this hour, so there wasn't much to see. We did have a quick stop at Tutti Frutti, the massive candy store chain so Dev could get some "snacks for the plane."

On our way back we stumbled across the 10-foot gate that marks the entrance to the Ultra Supper Club, a very shishi place where all the big stars go when they're in town. Of course, since it was a dreary Tuesday night, the only stars in there were US! We enjoyed a few drinks, chilled on the loungey chairs, and checked out the bathrooms before continuing on to the bubble tea place a block down. Yes, we were stuffed, and yes, I had to pop another Rolaids to compensate, but somehow there was still room for a bubble tea...

The night ended with me dropping off Dev at her lovely hotel, the Westin Harbour Castle, which has beds that are from HEAVEN. As she had two beds in her room, I got to rest a bit in one of them, and I just have to say that it was THE most comfortable thing that I have ever had the great pleasure of lying down on. Me being me, I even wrote down all the manufacturing details and brand info from the pillows so I can seek them out and recreate my own Westin bed at home. So such was the end to a lovely 5-day jaunt with Dev and a mini "vacation" from the norm of life here in Toronto. Back to the grind, as they say... and waiting for my next visitor! So... who's next???

1 comment:

TK said...

Shabu, Shabu Shabu!!!!