The night started off pretty spontaneously, meeting my friends HA and Sony at Dundas Square in downtown. We got there nice and early, to hold a good spot for the FREE Beyonce concert that was starting at 8pm. There were already thousands of people in the crowd, average age in the late teens, though there were many people much older than us, as well.
I just thought it was too-cool-to-be-true that an international superstar like Beyonce, almost a diva in her own right, would be performing at a FREE concert, bannered as the "Grand Opening" of the downtown Best Buy. But there she was, singing a montage of Destiny's Child's songs, hits from her first record, and a couple of releases from her newest CD. It was a fun, entertaining concert, and definitely worth the wait.
After the concert, the girls and I grabbed bubble teas and headed north to Yorkville, the posh, rich neighbourhood at Bay and Bloor. As it's Toronto Film Festival week, there are tons of celebrities in town and we figured Yorkville would be a great place to do some star-gazing. We found a bench in a little park area and sat and chatted, laughed, and gossiped non-stop all night. We were having so much fun, sharing a good cackle and having a good time, that I hadn't even noticed how late (or how cold) it was getting, until three hours later when it was nearly 1am!! Definitely a nice ladies' night, though no celebrities spotted... except Beyonce, of course, and then again we were so far back from the stage, that I mostly only saw the top of her hair...
Hopefully more fun tomorrow as I've got tickets to a TIFF movie at the Elgin theatre and I hope to catch the end of the (ALSO FREE) John Mayer concert that will become part two of this Best Buy grand opening series!!
9.16.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like fun evening!
Hey Terry- Do the wineries stay open during the winter time?
nice to hear about u Hens:)
Thanks Dev! Can't wait to have fun evenings with you too when you come out next weekend!
Tina: Yup, it was a fun night. Cheap too! haha
Hey Devon - Yup, they are open all year. If you come out to visit, we can go and then I'll write it up in my blog. I really need to update it...
why are you guys having a convo via comments on my blog? haha.. why don't you go to a winery and talk to each other in person!? :P
Post a Comment