Currently, I'm sitting in my PJs after a long day of work, listening to the highly-anticipated Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesounds album. I'm totally un-ashamed to say that I'm just as much an avid screaming fan of sexybacked J.T. as any other 10-year-old teeny bopper. Not only have I been waiting for today, Sept.12--ie. his album release day--for the past couple of weeks, I have been loyally visiting and revisiting his website for updates and news of his next music tour. Currently, no Canadian destinations have been announced...
In addition to being a huge J.T. fan, I am also a fan of the Black Eyed Peas, a group that I fortunately got to see in concert this past weekend! It was a very cool outdoor concert at the Molson amphitheatre down by Ontario Place. Opening acts were Swollen Members and Rihana, though I completely missed Swollen Members while in line for pizza... Rihana was cool, but still paled in comparison to the funky performances of Fergie, Will.I.Am, apl.de.ap, and Taboo. Seriously, the B.E.P are such a great band to watch live as they totally serve the audience and put on a fantastic show. Each band member performed a solo act a cappella, to show off their individual vocal ranges and rap skills, danced around the stage, did cartwheels and back flips mid-song... their performance was just awesome. Fergie even sang her hit London Bridges! I've spent nearly $100 apiece on Backstreet Boys and Janet Jackson concerts in the past, but by far the $11.11 for my "lawn seating" ticket to see the B.E.P. was the best money I'd ever spent on a concert.
6 comments:
Don't forget that we saw them in Vancouver at a "lawn seating" concert too!
Oh, and I must DL JT's new album! ;)
You should number your posts, so we know how many there have been...
Seakrait--Yes, of course! The Deer Lake concert was awesome too... it's when my love affair with B.E.P began.
Anonymous--Hmm.. number my postings eh? I could consider that. I think we're at about 76 now?
#76? No way! Count them properly! You can't be catching up yet! More verbiage! Less chatter! Don't cheat!
I would say I am a fan of JT, and have bought his albums in the past. However, I think this new album is just terrible. I don't like the "new" sound. I am sad.
Seakrait-- NO, I'm totally counting properly! I'm at 76 posts!! Sure, some of the posts are short, but they're legitimate posts!!
9--I'm totally loving his new CD. Check out track 6 "What Goes Around... Comes Around" and track 8 "Damn Girl". Totally cool tunes!
Post a Comment