Staying up past 3am on Friday night did not hinder me from doing the same thing again on Saturday night. The reason? Dev was in town! The last of "the girls" to come to TO since I've been in TO, Dev came in for work training and I was very glad to have her. Enjoying our "vacation" together, me, Dev, and Dr.Man, were together practically all weekend. On Friday night, I greeted her at the airport, battled traffic back downtown, and then enjoyed a nice meal at The Friendly Thai. Well, the meal was nice, but the aftermath wasn't so great because I needed to go get some Rolaids from Shoppers. (Am I providing TMI in my blog? Hmmm..)
Anyway, we couldn't decide what do do post-dinner, so we very randomly selected a bar (The Bier Markt) featuring a live local band (Scarlett) that we had never heard of. And we showed up, lined up, and totally lucked out. Not only was the band awesome and the place packed and the poutine delicious, we had an awesome night!!
Saturday was our "shopping day", which started with Starbucks coffee and brunch at St. Lawrence Market. We were very disciplined in our shopping plans by strategically "not going into any stores that are in Vancouver". I think after 6 hours of walking and shopping however, I was somewhat tired. Don't ask me what the girls bought... all I got was a hair elastic. (Actually, a 10-pack, but I digress).
Dinner was sushi and then we rushed off to the Devil's Martini, a 1000-person capacity night club that, for some reason, you have to be in at before 10:30pm or risk being turned away. We got there at an attrocioulsy early 9:30pm! But even at that hour the place was jumpin', and by 11 or so, we couldn't even find 3-feet square of free real estate on the dance floor! Needless to say, it was a fun club, and a late night.
Getting back to Dr. Man's that night though, we were treated to a yummy snack of freshly made salsa and tortilla chips. This made up the theme food for the weekend, as we ended up staying "in" on Sunday night, skipping dinner in lieu of more salsa and chips and a rousing of 3-person mahjong. It was a totally laid back evening, and a great way to end off our weekend. And it was a good call, too, as it was raining pretty hard outside and we were pretty tired from the previous two nights of late night action.... Besides, all the shops close up at 6pm.
9.25.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Goma,
Wait until T&T make it over to TO. We'll party it up in true TO fashion. We'll take in a Blue Jays game, a Leafs Game, and then climb up the CN tower staircase. Then we'll walk the entire length of Yonge street!!!
Hey TK-- The Blue Jays and the Leafs I'm up for and MAYBE the CN Tower climb... but as for walking up Yonge Street you're on your own...
Post a Comment